My mix breed dog, Ellie (I was told she was Carin Terrier & Chow) had a seizure in July ’10 and last month February ’11. This last one lasted 15 minutes. I’ve taken her to the vet and a physical exam & blood test revealed no problems. The vet is offering phenobarbital, but is saying the side effects would include increased hunger and weight gain. Do I wait and see if the seizures increase or try putting her on this medication? The seizures are pretty scary: losing control of her bladder, vomiting, stumbling about, dilated pupils, looking like someone is hitting her head, etc. I want to do what’s best for Ellie.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.