I have a 6 year old French Bulldog, that two weeks ago, wasn’t feeling very well. She was panting really hard, shaking, and the look in her eyes, was like, that she had been spooked!
She was not vomiting, but her pupils were dilated so, I rushed her to the vet. My Dr. said that they thought she was having some kind of intestinal problems. The Dr. took a few test, (which came back negative). But, the vet, also gave her a Morphine shot and some Pepsid. She asked me to keep her on a very bland diet of chicken & rice and maybe, some baby oatmeal and to feed her 2 smaller meals each day, instead of 1 larger meal.
I’ve been following the vets directions for 2 weeks now, but my Frenchie’s just not the same. She wants to eat, but acts like she doesn’t feel very well, a 1/2 hr. later.
Tell me, should I be giving her Pepsid, daily? Can I give her any other children’s chewable antacids, besides Pepsid? I’ve heard of dogs taking Mylanta or Pepto-bismol, for diarrhea or throwing-up. But, I’ve never heard of dogs having reflux, or acid-indigestion. I know someone, whom recently had a similar problem with her Pug, She has a different vet than myself, and she did not speak of my situation, but once she was there she was also, given Pepsid.
Is this a new thing, dogs being diagnosised with indigestion or reflux? Please, if you don’t mind, could you give me any thoughts you have on this subject? I would appreciate any info at all.
Thank You, in advance-
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.